The Conform Artist assists the Digital Intermediate process through every step of the process, from conforming camera original media to the final edit, preparing color timelines, rendering versions and mastering final picture. The position supports the Colorist and Producer in the needs of the projects at the facility.
- Perform basic and advanced conform functions (online editing), matching the camera raw footage to the edited program.
- Rename, sync sound and render conversions of dailies material.
- Work with compositing tools such as After Effects to re-time shots.
- Render and transcode any material required for film, video versions, web, and digital cinema.
- Create preview Quicktimes on viewable links as needed.
- Work with the Producer and Colorost artist to complete and QC masters.
- May require client contact/interaction as needed.
- Communicate with the Producer and Colorist the status of the work as well as clearly define any issues that may arise.
- Any other duties as required.
- 2+ years experience with DaVinci Resolve and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Competence with re-timing and manipulating shots in After Effects or other compositing tools (Nuke)
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Adaptable to change, reliable and dependable.
- Strong technical background.
- Basic understanding of color correction, with a good eye for a quality image.
- Knowledge of film and color science.
- Must have thorough knowledge of various digital imaging file and data formats.
- Ability to see detailed imaging issues or technical problems.
- Strong communication skills.
- Creative problem solver, able to troubleshoot and find workarounds.
- Resourceful and flexible with sound judgment and autonomy.
- Must be a team player who can work with the needs of other operators at the facility.
- Demonstrate initiative and willingness to learn.
If you're interested in coming on board, email with your C.V. along with a bit of info about you!