The role of the color assistant is to support color grading operations from ingest to delivery. The color assistant works with the senior colonist and producer to fill a variety of roles as necessary for the completion of projects.
The ideal candidate is a person with experience in color grading and post production looking to increase their experience level and abilities across a huge variety of projects in a fast-paced professional environment. The experience gained in this role are the building blocks for a career in color grading.
- Coordinating drives and digital prep media.
- Solid underdstanding of EDL/XML workflows.
- Perform basic and advanced conform functions matching the camera raw footage to the edited timeline for color grading.
- Color grading ‘pick up’ shots, matching to the colonists master grade.
- Communicating with clients to answer prep/workflow questions to ensure project handoff is smooth.
- Managing server capacity and overall server health.
- Render and transcode any material required for film, video versions, web, and digital cinema.
- Create preview Quicktimes on viewable links as needed.
- Work with the Producer and Colorost artist to complete and QC masters.
- May require client contact/interaction as needed.
- Communicate with the Producer and Colorist the status of the work as well as clearly define any issues that may arise.
- Any other duties as required.
- 2+ years experience with DaVinci Resolve and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Competence with re-timing and manipulating shots in After Effects or other compositing tools (Nuke)
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Adaptable to change, reliable and dependable.
- Strong technical background.
- Solid understanding of color correction, with a good eye for a quality image.
- Knowledge of film and color science.
- Must have thorough knowledge of various digital imaging file and data formats.
- Ability to see detailed imaging issues or technical problems.
- Strong communication skills.
- Creative problem solver, able to troubleshoot and find workarounds.
- Resourceful and flexible with sound judgment and autonomy.
- Must be a team player who can work with the needs of other operators at the facility.
- Demonstrate initiative and willingness to learn.
If you're interested in coming on board, email with your C.V. along with a bit of info about you!